Translate

The Adventures of Rania Lords Scripted: Lovely Volunteering Part One


INT. RANIA’S ROOM-NIGHT
Rania is is on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. The room is brightly lit and messy. Rania sits up in her panda pajamas, legs crossed and enters a numbering into her  phone. 
RANIA
Hey, Angel! I just got back from

the Home For The Needy thing.

Angel is on the other end. 
ANGEL (V.O)
It was really that late?

RANIA
(Collapses on the bed)
Yeah, but at least it was fun.

ANGEL (V.O)
Speaking of fun, did anything

exciting happen?

RANIA
Well, I don’t know, but I think I

might have a crush on Arnold.

ANGEL (V.O) (gasps)OH MY GOD! TELL ME THE DEATS, girl!


RANIA

Okay, but let me start from the

beginning.
 EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA- MORNING
20 people are in line to receive their  assignments for the day. Rania is towards the front and right behind her is Arnold. In front of the line is a metal table with two painfully happy adults with index cards.

RANIA(V.O)

Rania gets her ticket and doesn’t look behind her. Arnold walks quietly near her.
I was getting my ticket when he came up from behind me.
 ARNOLD
Hey! Rania! 

RANIA
(Very startled but happy. They
both continue walking.)

Oh my god! You scared me.


ARNOLD (chuckling)

Sorry, I just wanted to surprise you.

RANIA (smiles)
Well, you sure did achieve that. Anyway, I thought you weren’t coming?
ARNOLD
I wasn’t but, I found a way to
reschedule my thing.
RANIA
Oh, that wonderful!
ARNOLD
Speaking of not coming, where’s
Angel?
RANIA
I have no idea. She said she was
coming yesterday when we talked.
ARNOLD
Odd? Hopefully she’ll show up.
Hey guy!
BENNY (O.S)


Rania and Arnold turn their heads

QUICK PAN TO: EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA FIELD-CONTINUED
Benny is standing a bunch of yard away from a small Forrest. He’s wearing his signature outfit, a blue plaid shirt with a base ball t-shirt. His hand is up due to him just waving at Rania and Arnold. He puts it down and walks towards them.
BACK TO:
 EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA-CONTINUED
Rania and Arnold are staring right out into the audience, but their bodies don’t face the audience.

RANIA AND ARNOLD

Hey, Benny!

CUT TO: EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA FIELD-CONTINUED     
Benny, fairly close to the camera, starts speed walking towards Rania and Arnold.

BENNY

What did you two get assigned?

BACK TO: EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA-CONTINUED
Rania and Arnold are in the same position as before but Benny stays to walk into the short. The camera has also shifted to a different angle.

RANIA

I haven’t checked yet.

(Rania and Arnold pull out
their cards and look at them.)
ARNOLD
(pulls his head up)
I got frame construction!

BENNY (lights up)
Cool! That’s what I got.
RANIA
I got painting. I guess I’ve got
nothing to do for the next hour.
ARNOLD
Nice!
RANIA
I guess that gives me time to to find out where Angel is.
BENNY (surprised)
Angel isn’t here?
RANIA
Yeah, I have no idea is she’s
coming or not.
BENNY
Oh... well, tell me if she comes.
RANIA
Will do.
SUPERVISOR (O.S)
Will everyone-
(All three of them turn towards the left)
QUICK PAN TO: EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA FIELD-CONTINUED
SUPERVISOR
-except painters and interior
decorators go to the building site.
If you’re a weren’t called, please
go with Ms. Nancy. You all have 7
minutes to get into place.

BACK TO:

EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA-CONTINUED


ARNOLD

Well, I guess that’s our cue to go.

(turns to Rania)

See you at lunch?

RANIA
Yep!

Arnold and Benny leave and Rania walks a fewfeet away. She pulls out her phone and callsAngel.

RANIA

(waits for an answer)

Hey Angel!




ANGEL (V.O)
Hey Rania!


 INT. ANGEL’S MOTHER’S CAR- MORNING
Angel is looking in a mirror, doing her hair while the car is moving out of a neighborhood.

RANIA(V.O)

So, I was wondering if you were

coming to the volunteering.



ANGEL
Sorry, can’t.

RANIA(V.O)
Why?
INTERCUT -- PHONE CONVERSATION
Rania is sitting on a picnic table.

ANGEL (V.O)

The school emailed me about some

green team, environmental event and

I just had to go. Mainly because I
know no one else is probably going.

RANIA
Uhg! What am I gonna do, I’m all
alone.

ANGEL (V.O)
What do you mean? Arnold’s there
and Benny too.
INTERCUT -- PHONE CONVERSATION RANIA(V.O)
Yeah but they got construction
stuff. I signed up for painting.

ANGEL
Ouch!


(Leans back in here chair in discomfort)

Sorry, girl. I promise I’ll make it up to you.



RANIA(V.O)

And how exactly would you do that?

ANGEL

Slushie Saturday!

INTERCUT -- PHONE CONVERSATION


RANIA (Smiles)

Oh my god, Angel! You really do know me.



ANGEL (V.O)

What are best friends for? Anyway,
I’m about to go into a tunnel.
Remember to have fun and tell me
all the deats.

RANIA
Thanks! By the way, Benny was
wondering where you were.

ANGEL (V.O)
OH MY GOD!






RANIA

Why are you surprised? Aren’t you practically dating?


ANGEL (V.O)
Yeah, but like he’s actually
thinking about me.

RANIA
As you would say, make your move!

ANGEL (V.O)
Yasss! Talk to you soon girl

RANIA

Bye!
(places her phone and into her pocket and sighs)

WIDE SHOT




CUT TO:



RANIA

Guess I’m stuck here for a bit.

Sigh.
(Rania pulls out here bag and looks through it. She takes out a blue book.)

CUT TO:
CLOSE UP SHOT- RANIA’S DIARY



BACK TO: (CONTINUED)




RANIA

Wow, she really is adamant on

getting to use this. Might as well
write in it.

She searches through her bag for a pen and pulls one out. She tries to think about what to write, but it can’t come to her.

RANIA
(Drops her head in
frustration)

UHHHGGGGGG!



FADE IN:
EXT. VOLUNTEERING AREA FIELD-CONTINUED     
Rania isn’t at the table anymore. It’s completely empty but brighter before. After a fewseconds, Rania, Arnold and Benny enter the  frame.


RANIA

So, how was all the construction?



BENNY

Tiring! My arms are are so weak.

ARNOLD
Me too! I wouldn’t kill for a
slushie right now!

RANIA
Lucky for you, I got the supervisor
to get me slushies.
(pulls out two slushies from
her bag)

ARNOLD AND BENNY
YES!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adventures of Rania Shorts: The Black Friday Blues

Blog-iary: New Friends Are Weird